Welcome to Himalaya Conservation Group Nepal (HCG)!
HCG is a non-governmental, non-profit organization dedicated to promoting Himalayan environment conservation and mitigation of various disasters from local to regional level through field studies, research works, and implementation and advocacy of safe and sustainable development approach focusing primarily on disaster and climate change framework, geo-disaster management framework, and research-based technology framework.
HCG is led by a highly professional dynamic group of people from various disciplines. This adds value and ensures the maximum return of used resources, and monetary assistance because of the HCG’s highly dignified team. It was established on 11 September 2012 (2069-05-26 BS). Its registration number is (PAN Number) 601685606, and it has already taken the affiliation of Social Welfare Council.
HCG main motto is to promote conservation issues in Himalaya based on scientific research and findings. At present HCG is mainly focusing on the following sectors:
- Disaster – a prime issue for the Himalaya conservation
- Connect disaster and livelihood
- Evidence-based policymaking
- Advocacy for the effective implementation of the
- DRRM Act 2074 at the local and provincial level
- Deteriorating beauty of the Himalayan Mountains
- Conservation of natural/cultural heritage
- Effective mitigation plans for various disasters